I am really grateful for Travel Like a Chieff’s nomination for the Liebster Award 2018. I have been a follower of Pamela for some years, and her blog is not only a great inspiration for luxury travelers, but also a great source to refer to when it comes to luxury trips and sophisticated experiences; she understands what a luxury journey is all about and she shares her real thoughts, ideas and impressions.
What is the Liebster Award Nomination?
The Liebster Award, which started in 2011, is an internet award and it is given to bloggers by other bloggers. Liebster in German means “kind”- as bloggers we all support each other and want to recognize the efforts and work of each other.
About Exotiktraveler- Answer to Pamela’s questions:
1. If you could live in one city for the rest of your life, which would it be and why?
I am completely open to moving, although I have always lived in Madrid with my family and would like to stay close, I always think that when I retire I will live somewhere in the beach. If I were to live in Spain I would choose Marbella, in Europe I would choose the French Riviera and in the world I would live in Miami. Being by the sea I always feel better and more relaxed than in the city, although I do need to have some city life close to me because at the end of the day It’s what I am used to and it would be hard for me to give up.
2. What is the most memorable meal you’ve eaten on your travels and where was it?
Hmmm. Though question. I have been lucky to have great meals when I travel. I have to choose a very exotic one on top of a tree, in a tree pod suspended- in Soneva Kiri, Koh Kood in Thailand.
3. If you had to send your child to a country to learn about another culture and way of life, which would it be and why?
I would go with them somewhere in Asia, I think the culture there is so different and they can learn a lot. I am catholic, although I do not practice the religion and I am not strict with it, I was raised like this and I am not against it because it does not teach anything bad. I do think that the future is changing and I believe a lot in a “way of life” that attracts good and positive things so that is one of the reasons why I love Asian culture- Buddhism to be more precise.
4. What makes your blog unique and what will readers get from following along your journey?
I believe my blog is quite different from the usual blogs we see, its more like a magazine type— readers get tips on traveling, articles that provide useful information and my favorite hotels in all destinations I work with, hotel opening, travel news that are worth sharing… and I also write hotel reviews for hotels that I personally recommend and share some of my personal trips with my followers.
5. What is the silliest thing you have ever done?
Not so long ago, I went to the hairdresser to dye my hair— I was very clear how I wanted it to be done. When I come out, my hair was yellow and there were many parts of it that were not done, looked horrible. I had a really bad day so I did not want to get into a discussion, I payed and left. I went back home and my husband said to go back and redo my hair because it was a mess literally: “What have they done to you?”- I went back and I told the hairdresser to redo it, it was the same one that had dyed my hair yellow— now I think: “I had a really bad day and I didn’t even think I was letting the same man that did this disaster redo it into another disaster” Now I am in Lido di Jesolo in Venice with yellow hair…. Bad days happen, that was really not me and I feel very silly.
6. We learn lots about different cultures and their beliefs during our travels. What is the weirdest superstition you’ve heard and where?
It was in Mexico… they say to stop your hair from falling you need to place chicken poop on it…. Still not sure if they wanted to make fun of me or what.
7. What is the one thing you would most like to change about the world?
I think that humans need to think more about nature and pollution. We need to think of better ways to live not harming the environment. I get very sad when I see the sea and land so polluted and it really not only affects animals- which I feel very bad for, it also affects us.
8. Would you be willing to lower your life expectancy by 10 years for something? What would it be?
If they told me I was going to live with more quality of life in general, I would.
9. What would you do differently on your travels if you weren’t a blogger?
I would switch off my phone and just enjoy the moments of peace and some digital detox. Much needed. But when you run your own business this is kind of impossible if you want to succeed.
10. How do you feel about street art? Love it or hate it? If you love it, where have you seen some of the best work?
I really love it. When it is well done it is very nice. I loved the John Lennon mural in the city of Prague, what I love the most about it is the bright colors and the feeling of progress it brings to the city.
11. If you could learn two more languages, what would they be and why?
I would learn Russian, because I have always loved the sound of this language and because there are so many Russians traveling around the world, I think it would be useful and kind of imposes. The second language I would learn, would be Portuguese, have always loved Portugal and Brazil, and it is such a big country, again with so many travel lovers, it would be very beneficial for me.
My Liebster Awards Nomination goes to…
Carlotta from Lust for the Sublime – her blog is a great inspiration for luxury travelers, Carlotta is an expert in the industry and has a great eye for luxurious hotels.
Yvette from Spa It Girl – her blog is a great inspirations for those looking for luxury wellness travel and wellness trips and tips.
Eileen from Champagne Travels– for those who like to spoil themselves with luxury hotels and places and a glass of champagne.
These are my questions for the nominees:
- Why did you start your travel blog and what makes you unique?
- Do you read other blogs when you plan your trips? If so, which are your “go-to” blogs?
- Which country is the highest in your bucketlist and why?
- 3 songs that inspire you to travel?
- Which is you favorite travel app?
- What is the most extraordinary experience you have faced while traveling?
- Any laws/norms/culture you wish it was part of your own country while traveling?
- Do you take into account the hotels and experiences you plan and how they impact the environment?
- Which is one food you have tasted abroad and wish you have at home?
- Do you have any fears when traveling?