Bonzour, as they say there. You will arrive 4° south of the equator in the Seychelles. In the 300 years since its discovery, this archipelago of 115 paradise islands has seen all sorts of visitors settle here. In the 17th century, pirates were among the first inhabitants, using islands like Fregate as a base for attacks against Britain’s East India Company.
Declared a French colony in the 18th century, the islands changed hands several times between the French and British before gaining independence in 1976. Throughout its history, the Seychelles has become home to people from all continents and is today famous for their blend of cultural backgrounds. And for the warm welcome extended to guests from around the world.
Fregate Island is a unique destination where one can experience the best the Seychelles has to offer. The name recalls legends and tales of treasure chests buried under the sands, as immortalized in Robert Louis Stevenson’s “Treasure Island”. And with over ten kilometers of roads and walking trails, you can comfortably explore the island – both with your own electric buggy and by foot.
Arrive by plane, helicopter or boat
Fregate Island is accessible by sea and air. They offer personalized services for helicopter or boat transfers from Seychelles International Airport on Mahé Island. After touching down in Mahé, our own airport representative will greet you, whisk you through immigration and accompany you with your baggage to the transfer building.
Whether you choose a 15-minute flight to Fregate Island or enjoy the 1.5-hour boat trip from Mahé Island – subject to weather conditions – either route is ideal for a first taste of the true magnificence of this paradise island.
Their Nature Walks with our resident Conservationists are a highly inspiring and encouraging journey into the island’s ecosystem that give you a deeper understanding of the role conservation plays in our island life. You are also more than welcome to assist and observe them in some of the field work they do, for example, searching for tiny sea turtle hatchlings emerging from their nests or checking nest boxes for eggs or chicks. In our Tortoise Adoption program, you can also make a valuable contribution to protecting and sustaining the island’s flora and fauna.
You can explore the winding mountain trails by hiking or explore the island on buggy trips. Alternatively you may also take one of our mountain bikes.
The air-conditioned gym facility by the Rock Spa is open for your workouts, including a personal trainer if required. Our resident instructor offers yoga lessons at any time of day.
Our Stargazing program lets you explore the night sky.
Further, we can make arrangements for helicopter rides to other islands or golfing destinations.
For a wide range of activities for kids, discover the Kids’ Club.
The entire island to yourself?
For a truly magical stay, Fregate Island can offer you the unforgettable opportunity to have the entire island to yourself. Put together your very own exclusive guest list and share the island’s beauty and delights with those closest to you. The team of live-in staff is there to ensure that every conceivable desire is fulfilled to the utmost perfection.
Private pools and residences
Choose one of their 16 Private Pool Residences for the ultimate in comfort and privacy. Beautifully crafted, your residence nestles nicely into the coastal line, naturally screened from your neighbour. With your own luxurious terrace, large private infinity pool and jacuzzi, daybed and dining pavilion, you overlook the lush jungle and deep-blue seas.
Choose from three types of residence
- Private Pool Residence (400–450 s qm)
- for 2 adults and up to 2 children
- Private Pool Twin Residence (600–700 s qm)
- for 4 adults and up to 2 children
- Private Pool Spa Residence (700 s qm)
- for 2 adults with a private spa facility
- optionally available for 4 adults and up to 2 children
- Bedroom and living room connected by vestibule with dining facility
- One large and one small bathroom, each with their own private outdoor shower
- Air-conditioning, telephone, wireless Internet access, TV, DVD/CD player, iPod station
- Minibar, tea and coffee
- Several residences with direct beach access
- Personal island buggy
Dining in exotic settings
On Fregate Island, they want you to have dinner wherever you want. The island’s individual spots all add their own touch to your dining occasion.
Besides dining in our restaurants and bars, you can explore dining in our Treehouse high up in one of the island’s oldest and largest banyan trees or in the Yacht Club. When you sit down to dine in our plantation, you choose your ingredients together with their Chef de Cuisine from a wide variety of exotic vegetables, herbs and fruits. You can also choose any of their beaches for a BBQ, breakfast, lunch or dinner. And for high tea, we recommend the Glacis Cerf Pavilion.
On our Sunset Cruise or Sashimi Picnic, we take you out on water in one of our boats. And on Mont Signal, the highest point on Fregate Island, they can also serve you an early evening cocktail.
Last but not least, if you wish to stay in the comfort and privacy of your own residence, we are happy to take care of all the dining arrangements there, too.
What makes it unique?
- Home to 2,200 free-roaming Giant Aldabra Tortoises
- Safeguarding the nests of hundreds of endangered Hawksbill Turtles
- Have saved the “Seychelles Magpie Robin” from extinction
- Rehabilitation of indigenous forest with tens of thousands of trees planted
- A sanctuary to hundred thousands of tropical birds, more than 100 species
- 16 beautifully crafted Residences (400-700 s qm) with grand private pools
- The Banyan Hill Estate on a secluded peninsula
- Exclusive whole island rental available
- 7 beaches, one frequently voted “most beautiful in the world”
- A private inland harbour & Yacht Club with PADI Dive Centre
- Innovative cuisine inspired by exotic fruits & vegetables grown in our own plantation
- Infinite romantic dining venues on the island, including our unique “Tree House” high up in one of the island’s oldest and largest banyan trees
- A charming, historic chapel for your most special celebration
- Inspiring natural outdoor playground for children, our Kids’ Club “Castaway”
- The ultimate in privacy, secluded and secure